Cookies & Privacy
The George & Dragon Inn
KNIGHTON • RADNORSHIRE
We are responsible for the collection and proper management of any personal information you submit. We will keep your personal details secure and use the information you provide consistently with applicable privacy and data protection laws and the terms of this Privacy Notice.
2. What information do we collect?
If you choose to make a booking through us or make queries about a potential booking we will collect details that you provide in relation to that booking or query. Information held is likely to include your name, contact details, payment details, information about people travelling with you, information about your booking and any additional information we may need to help meet your
3. How do we use your information?
The information you provide may be used in a number of ways, for example:
• to enable us to complete your booking
• to manage customer service queries; and
• to help us to provide details or information you may have requested.
4. On what legal basis will we process your information?
We will always process your personal information on lawful grounds and in particular on the grounds set out below:-
Performance of a Contract
If you make a booking through us we will use the details that you give to provide that booking to you. This information is likely to include your name, contact details, payment details, information about people travelling with you, information about your booking and any additional information we may need to help meet your specific requirements.
If you do not provide us with the information set out in this paragraph, then we may not be able to provide the booking service.
We may disclose your personal data without your permission to the extent that we are required to do so by law or regulation.
5. Who will you share my information with?
In order to provide you with the products and services that we offer we may share your information with:
• other third parties who we may need to work with to deliver services on your behalf, for example, our housekeeper.
We may also disclose your personal data without your permission in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal right.
6. Downloads & Media Files
Any downloadable documents, files or media made available on this website are provided to users at their own risk. While all precautions have been undertaken to ensure only genuine downloads are available users are advised to verify their authenticity using third party anti virus software or similar applications.
We accept no responsibility for third party downloads and downloads provided by external third party websites and advise users to verify their authenticity using third party anti virus software or similar applications.
7. Cookies and how we use them
We use traffic log cookies (Google Analytics) to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs.
We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. Please note, this may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
If you wish to change your Cookie settings you can do this from the ‘Tools’ menu in your browser (usually under security settings). By doing so you may impede your usage of this, and other websites.
8. How long will we hold your information for?
We have a system of retention periods in place to ensure that your information is only stored whilst it is required for the relevant purposes or to meet legal requirements. Where your information is no longer required, we will ensure it is disposed of or deleted in a secure manner.
9. Your rights
You have the right to ask us at any time:-
• to confirm whether we hold any of your personal data;
• to send you a copy of any personal data that we hold about you;
• to correct any inaccuracies in your personal data and to add relevant details where the personal data we hold is incomplete;
• to delete (to the extent possible) any of your personal data, where we are required by law to do
• to stop processing your personal data, where we are required by law to do so;
• to let you have a portable copy of the personal data we hold about you, where we are required by law to do so;
• to stop processing any of your personal data that we process on the basis of our legitimate interests; and
Where we have reached a decision that affects you by processing your personal data automatically then you have the right to speak to someone to discuss that decision.
We do not use your personal data for the purpose of profiling.
Where we process your personal data on the basis that you have given us your consent to do so then you may contact us at any time to withdraw your consent.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, or wish to object to our use of your personal information, please write to us at the address given above.
10. Does the notice apply to linked websites?
Our websites may contain links to other websites. This privacy notice only applies to this website so when you link to other websites you should read their own privacy policies.
12. How do we update this privacy notice?
We keep our privacy notice under regular review and we will place any updates on our webpage.
13. Who can I contact if I have queries about this privacy notice?
You can also contact us directly if you have any questions about our privacy notice or information we hold about you.